|Go to the gym?||Why not?||M/F||Major||days/week||time per workout||gym buddy?||gain/lose weight||personal assess||fitness-happiness||wipe equipment||weights away||Weights?||Cardio?||Swimming?||Sports?||Classes?||Motivation|
|y||F||comm||5||60 min||lose||7||y||n||y||y||y||y||being in shape|
|y||F||psych||2||60||lose||7||y||y||y||y||get in shape|
|y||F||env stud||1||60||gain||7||y||y||feel energized for day|
|y||M||Undecided||3 to 5||60-90||gain||8||y||n||y||y||hot for girls, bigger for sports|
|y||M||Finance||4 to 5||120||gain||8||y||n||y||y||y||y||look good|
|y||M||business||3 to 4||60-120||gain||7||y||n||y||y||y||y||health, fitness, looks|
|y||m||finance||4 to 5||30-60||gain||7||y||y||y||y||preworkout/babes|
|y||M||business||3 to 4||60-90||gain||5||n||y||y||y||y||stress reliever/bball skills|
1) Her dorm is not quite a study environment as it is a resource for finding information from other students. She says the dorm is always pretty loud with people talking and laughing. However, she really likes it due to all of the people living around her that she has access to. She is able to find out who had the same class as her so she is able to ask questions about past and current assignments, as well as finding out information about classes as a whole.
2) Nathan talks much more about the social aspects of the dorm and the party features that go along with it. Nathan does not mention studying or academic work done in the dorms. Rather, she talks about drama, customization of dorm rooms, alcohol and drug related stories, etcetera. However, Laura talks exclusively about studying in the dorms and how she uses her fellow dorm mates as resources.
3) Dr. Voss does not seem to ask set questions. The interview seems to be more of a conversation as an informal interview.
– College Students’ Usage of Personal Music Players (PMP) During Exercise.
– PHYSICAL ACTIVITY BEHAVIORS, MOTIVATION, AND SELF-EFFICACY AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS
– College Students’ Goal Orientations, Situational Motivation and Effort/Persistence in Physical Activity Classes
– Self-Regulated Learning and Perceived Health Among Students Participating in University Physical Activity Classes.
We plan to use these background sources to get a better idea of our subject before we collect/analyze our data.
– Daily Satisfaction With Life Is Regulated by Both Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior
– Changes in Eating and PhysicalActivity Behaviors Across Seven Semesters of College: Living On or Off Campus Matters.
We will use these sources to help form our own argument and conclusion about our research
– Exploring PhysicalActivity by Ethnicity and Gender in CollegeStudents Using Social Cognitive Theory
– Gender Differences in College Leisure Time Physical Activity: Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior and Integrated Behavioral Model
– A Daily Process Analysis of Intentions and Physical Activity in College Students
We will try to incorporate these methods of research into our own data collection.